Search This Blog

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Summer Time

What the heck happened to summer!? I find it a bit hard to believe that the last time I posted was on June 2nd and it is August 9th. Its not like nothing happened, I just don't know where the time went.

Random Picture - What does it say?

So, what has happened since Interclub?

In June Kumi had her first show as a Crimson Ranger. It was a two day show (almost) and I don't have a single picture. You see, I was flag dadding and barn dadding. I was so busy that I did not get to take any pictures. I did see her ride and her team did a great job. Rumor has it that the director of Westernaires said the Crimson Rangers put on a better drill than the Precisionettes. Pretty cool.

I was planning on getting some pictures the second day but that never happened. The show was in Estes Park June 22 and 23, during the Hayman Fire. We could see the smoke billowing off the peaks from the fairgrounds. Well, Saturday morning a fire broke out on the north end of Estes Park and spread rapidly. It had pretty well destroyed some 20 structures before the fire department got there. It was still spreading and one of the places it was spreading towards was a dude ranch with some 65 head of horses. Westernaires had to vacate the fair grounds to make room for the dude ranch horses. Westernaires sent two of their semis up the mountain to help evacuate the horses. We then loaded our horses and away we went. It was really, REALLY weird to leave a Westernaires event without cleaning the facilities to nearly new conditions.

It was kind of a bummer for the seniors who were graduating at the Estes show. They did not get to do their graduation ride which is kind of a big deal. At least in my mind it is. They get their name announced as they dash out of the arena for the last time as a Westernair.

July held different brand of fun. The Renaissance Festival was in Larkspur. We love to go. It is fun to browse through all the wears and eat Scotch Eggs. We love the Scotch Eggs! This is what I wore.


I had a belt custom made that is just too cool. I had seen the belt last year and wanted it but couldn't justify it at the time. And when we got home I regretted it. This year, they had the belt, but not in my size. They said they could make me one and I could pick it up in a hour. Since they had to make it from scratch anyway, I asked them if they could make the stars gold and the rest of the belt brown. This is what they said:

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words.

I mid July we had Western Heritage Show at Westernaires. It is a show, three actually, that Westernaires puts on for the local daycares. The kids can come for free and they get to see all the things our riders can do on their horses. Kumi's team, Crimson, was the last team to perform in the last show of the day. Nori was in the stands watching and as she filed out of the seating area, a gentleman next to her said, "Wow! That last team was REALLY good!" Crimson has come together really nicely this year.

It was a warm and sunny day and Beamer needed a little something to keep the sun out of his eyes.

The horse is a saint. He puts up with kids loving on him. In fact, he rather seems to enjoy it. This is a picture from Kumi's second year of Westernaires Beamer was surrounded by the team just before this picture was taken. He was calm and well mannered as always. He is a great people horse.
Now that school is starting back up I am planning on taking my camera with me more often and trying to be a bit more consistent with updating our blog.

In the mean time, I think I'll go have a piece of pie. (That's a hint)

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures
    my girlfriend bought me this t shirt last summer

    The answer is I ate some pie
    √-1 = i
    (the imaginary number pie, found in advanced maths)
    8 = ate
    (or as some sites have shown: 2 to the power of 3 = 8)
    Σ = sum = some
    (A quantity obtained by addition or aggregation)
    π = pi = pie
    (the mathematic symbol pie)


    The shirt can be bought here
    http://www.cafepress.co.uk/+i_ate_some_pie_light_tshirt,727258104?aid=70967317

    ReplyDelete