Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Father Daugter Dance

The last day of April was a busy day. It started with Westernaires and ended with a Father Daughter dinner and dance for Girl Scouts.

Thing 1 was a sleep over birthday party so it was only Think 2 and myself. Here is a short video of Thing 2 and her friends dancing.



The video reminds me of "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire". Remember the scene where Prof. McGonagall is teaching the Gryffindor's to dance? She tells them to pick a partner and all the girls jump right up and all the boys stare at their shoes. Watch the video again. How many dads do you see out there dancing with their daughters? Some things never seem to change.

The night was fun. We had dinner catered by Carrabba's Italian grill that was very tasty. Dessert was provided by the girls scouts in the form a cake decorating contest. We got to vote on our favorite cake and then we got to eat them. Nothing better than fresh homemade chocolate cake.

I did dance with my daughter and loved every minute of it. This is likely her last year in Girl Scouts so the next time I dance with my daughter may very well be the Father Daughter dance at her wedding.

The dads were then coerced into a game of musical chairs. I made it through the first round. At the end of the second round, just I was sitting down, this rather large bottom came flying in from out of nowhere and knocked me clean out of the seat. Wow. Full contact musical chairs. Didn't see that one coming. The rather large bottom was himself knowcked out in the third round.

When the evening was over Thing 2 told be she was so happy that we went. She had really wanted to go and she loved the time with Dad. Life just doesn't get much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment